Free Downloadable Restorative Yoga Lesson Plan
To celebrate our Yoga Genie Lesson Planner Members having just passed the 2000th shared yoga lesson plan, I did the only reasonable thing. I downloaded the 2000th yoga lesson plan and have shared it with you (see download link below). It’s a “restorative yoga lesson plan” created using the Drag & Drop Yoga Genie Planner.
The long version has everything you need to practice the lesson plan before getting to class. You can take it to class with you (but you may prefer to take the short version). The long version is a great handout to give to your students, especially your one-to-one students. It immediately shows your professionalism and increases your expertise in the eyes of the student(s).
The short version is perfect for taking into class with you. It’s short and sweet.
A Sneak Preview Of The Lesson Plan
Watch George create the restorative yoga lesson plan using the Drag & Drop Yoga Genie Planner.
Restorative Yoga: Antithesis Of No Pain No Gain Mentality
A restorative yoga practice is the antithesis of the “no-pain-no-gain” mentality. Restorative yoga is a no-pain-loads-of-gain mentality. Restorative yoga doesn’t do force. It does release. It does surrender. It does compassion. It does slow. It does stillness.
Life for most of us is fast. We’re all rushing about. There’s nothing wrong with rushing. But we humans don’t do sometimes rushing. We do constant rushing. We do relentless on the go rushing. It’s as if we believe that stopping, slowing, or calming will cause instantaneous death. Guess what. It won’t. The only thing that will die is any self-hatred that stagnates within you. Have you ever asked yourself: “What am I running away from?” If you ask the question enough, you’ll discover it’s you. You’re running away from you. You are lovely. You are fabulous. You are fan fan dabby dozy. Isn’t it time to allow more of you in? Here’s how. Mentally click the stop button right now. Go on. Click that big red stop button. Ah yes. Feels good, heh. Unfurl your yoga mat. And follow along with this short 15 minute restorative yoga practice.
14 Reasons Restorative Yoga Rocks:
- Enhances flexibility
- Deeply relaxed body
- Softens and surrenders the monkey mind
- Improves capacity for healing and balancing
- Balances nervous system
- Boosts the immune system
- Develops compassion toward others
- Develops compassion toward self
- Enhances mood states.
- Slows down the pace of life
- Soothing to the Nervous System
- Encourages mindfulness
- Cultivates heightened body awareness
- Recovery from illness
ABC Downloadable Kids Yoga Cards
Ashtanga Yoga Lesson Plan Bundle
Chair Yoga Workshop Kit
Magical African Safari Kids Yoga Lesson Plan Bundle
Star Wars Themed Kids Yoga Lesson Plan Bundle
Yoga Book Keeping Kit
Yoga For Golfers Workshop Kit
Yoga For Runners Workshop Kit
Yoga Genie Lesson Planner | Lifetime Membership
Yoga Retreat Kit
Yoga Stick Figures Kit
Latest posts by George Watts (see all)
- Marketing Tactics For Newbie Yoga Teachers - April 28, 2018
- A Sticky Note Guide To Being A Yoga Teacher: Beware The Treacherous Yoga Teacher Training Canyon - March 22, 2018
- How To End Your Yoga Class On Time Every Time: My Easy Peasy Formula Revealed - January 29, 2018
- Free Yoga Therapy Lesson Plan 2 of 6: Arthritic Spine Yoga Lesson Plan - January 29, 2018
- Free Yoga Therapy Lesson Plan 1 of 6: Opening Upper Back, Neck & Shoulders - January 29, 2018