yoga lesson planning clinic
Free Downloadable Yoga Class Handout: Easy Twist (Parivrtta Sukhasana)
Step 1: Download The Yoga Class Handout
Below you can download the Easy Twist Handout I give to my students. It is 1 of 250+ yoga class handouts included in the Yoga Teacher Lesson Plan Kit.
Easy Twist Handout | MS Word Document Version
Easy Twist Handout | MAC Version
Easy Twist Handout | ODT Version
Step 2: Teach Twisting Symbolism
Here are few ways to add some “twisting symbolism” when teaching Easy Twist….
“Easy pose helps expand our field of our perception. When you need your perception to cast its net wider, practice easy pose.”
“Easy pose teaches us to go beyond our self imposed mental limitations.”
“Practice easy pose to become great at handling adversity in your life.”
“What part of your life right now could do with a bit more flexibility? Where are you being too rigid in your mind?”
“If you want to stretch your horizons, practice easy pose.”
“In easy pose we twist ourselves to extend our capacities physically, spiritually and mentally.”
“As you twist in each direction, you just might catch a glimpse at who you really are. The real you may emerge from round the corner?”
Step 3: Teach The Benefits
- Improves digestion.
- Massages abs.
- Relieves lower backache, neck pain, sciatica.
- Relieve stress.
- Stretches spine, shoulders, hips.
Step 4: Teach The Directions
- Sit with legs crossed, inhale.
- On exhale twist torso to right.
- Repeat on the left.
Here’s a quick video demonstrating Easy Posture…
Step 5: Teach The Modifications
I try to spice up my classes by giving several modifications. Every student will have different abilities, so giving modifications allows you to have a class filled with beginners and advanced students.
The classic modification for Easy Posture is to: “Sit sideways on a chair. Hold onto the chair and twist.”
And here are some other postures you could get your students to practice while they are sitting with their legs crossed…
More Free Yoga Class Handouts
If you liked this handout, you may like my other free handouts including….
Yoga Teacher Lesson Plan Kit
Click here for 1000+ downloadable yoga lesson plans
Latest posts by George Watts (see all)
- Free Core Yoga Lesson Plan Theme: 12 Weeks To Sculpt A 6 Pack (No Crunches!) - June 20, 2017
- Free Downloadable Core Yoga Themed Lesson Plan - June 17, 2017
- Yoga Therapy: Free Downloadable Yoga For Asthma Lesson Plan - April 24, 2017
- The Yoga Sequence Flow Formula Revealed - March 24, 2017
- Webinar Wednesdays | Unleash Your Yoga Lesson Planning Skills - March 23, 2017