Free Downloadable Pratyahara Themed Yoga Lesson Plan
Pratyahara Themed Yoga Lesson Plan (short version)
The short version is perfect for taking into class with you. It’s short and sweet.
Pratyahara Themed Yoga Lesson Plan (long version)
The long version has everything you need to practice the lesson plan before getting to class. You can take it to class with you (but you may prefer to take the short version). The long version is a great handout to give to your students, especially your one-to-one students. It immediately shows your professionalism, and increases your expertise in the eyes of your students.
Pratyahara: A Quick Intro
Points From The Video
- Pratyahara means literally “control of ahara”.
- Conrol of ahara is “gaining mastery over external influences”.
- Pratyahara is the fifth limb in the eight Limbs of Patanjali.
- Withdraw energy from your senses (sight, hearing, smell, taste, touch).
- Move energy from senses towards your spine.
- Awaken the potential that’s in your chakras (spine).
- We are normally focused in constantly on the senses (sense orientated).
- Ignore sounds & distrations of the outside world.
- Ignore sounds & distrations of the inside world (mind chatter).
- Bringing energy in requires prana energy.
- Reverse the energy going outside, and bring it inside.
- Use mudra to close the portals.
- Invite energy to go inside.
- Close your eyes (helps keep energy inside).
- Awaken to the beautiful internal experience.
- Awaken the inside world by pulling prana from outside to inside.