Ankle cranking pose is 1 of 100+ pregnancy yoga poses included within the Pregnancy Yoga Lesson Planner.
Ankle Cranking Steps
- Bend right leg up and place the foot overhanging the left knee.
- Hold right toes with the left hand.
- Steady right ankle with right hand.
- Crank right ankle around in a large circle.
- Explore the perimeters of movement.
- Do 10 rotations in each direction.
- Do 10 rotations in each direction with other ankle.
Benefits Of Ankle Cranking
- Can practice during entire pregnancy.
- Great for stiffness and poor circulation in feet.
- Helps extend setting time in meditation postures.
- Useful for edema.
- Useful for cramping.
- Useful for post epidural numbness in feet and legs.
Ankle Cranking Video Tutorial
Take a quick peek at the Pregnancy Yoga Lesson Planner.
Latest posts by George Watts (see all)
- Yoga Anatomy 101: A Crash Course For Yoga Teachers - June 6, 2018
- Marketing Tactics For Newbie Yoga Teachers - April 28, 2018
- A Sticky Note Guide To Being A Yoga Teacher: Beware The Treacherous Yoga Teacher Training Canyon - March 22, 2018
- How To End Your Yoga Class On Time Every Time: My Easy Peasy Formula Revealed - January 29, 2018
- Free Yoga Therapy Lesson Plan 2 of 6: Arthritic Spine Yoga Lesson Plan - January 29, 2018