Ankle cranking pose is 1 of 100+ pregnancy yoga poses included within the Pregnancy Yoga Lesson Planner.
Ankle Cranking Steps
- Bend right leg up and place the foot overhanging the left knee.
- Hold right toes with the left hand.
- Steady right ankle with right hand.
- Crank right ankle around in a large circle.
- Explore the perimeters of movement.
- Do 10 rotations in each direction.
- Do 10 rotations in each direction with other ankle.
Benefits Of Ankle Cranking
- Can practice during entire pregnancy.
- Great for stiffness and poor circulation in feet.
- Helps extend setting time in meditation postures.
- Useful for edema.
- Useful for cramping.
- Useful for post epidural numbness in feet and legs.
Ankle Cranking Video Tutorial
Take a quick peek at the Pregnancy Yoga Lesson Planner.
The following two tabs change content below.
This post was lovingly morphed into reality by BWY yoga teacher, George Watts. If you're looking for a treasure trove of yoga lesson planning goodness, take a look at my affordable yoga lesson plan bundles for yoga teachers . And if you'd like to save time creating yoga lesson plans sign up today for a free 7 day trial for my drag & drop online yoga lesson planner.
Latest posts by George Watts (see all)
- 1001 Yoga Class Planning Tips & Handouts For Yoga Teachers - July 15, 2018
- Yoga Anatomy 101: A Crash Course For Yoga Teachers - June 6, 2018
- Marketing Tactics For Newbie Yoga Teachers - April 28, 2018
- A Sticky Note Guide To Being A Yoga Teacher: Beware The Treacherous Yoga Teacher Training Canyon - March 22, 2018
- How To End Your Yoga Class On Time Every Time: My Easy Peasy Formula Revealed - January 29, 2018