How To Teach Half Lord Of The Fishes Pose
Sit on floor with legs straight.
Put feet on floor then slide left foot under right leg to outside of right hip.
Lay outside of left leg on floor.
Step right foot over left leg and stand it on floor outside left hip.
Exhale and twist toward inside of right thigh.
Press right hand against floor just behind right buttock.
Set left upper arm on outside of right thigh near knee.
Pull front torso and inner right thigh together.
Press inner right foot actively into floor.
Release right groin and lengthen front torso.
Lengthen tailbone into floor.
Twist a little more with every exhalation.
Release with exhalation.
Repeat on left side.
- Stimulates liver and kidneys.
- Stretches shoulders, hips and neck.
- Energises the spine.
- Stimulates the digestive fire in the belly.
- Relieves menstrual discomfort, fatigue, sciatica and backache.
- Therapeutic for asthma and infertility.
- Awakens kundalini.
Latest posts by George Watts (see all)
- 43 Meditations In One Yoga Class Handout: Free PDF Download - October 10, 2017
- Free Downloadable Caterpillar To Butterfly Themed Yoga Class Plan (PDF) - October 8, 2017
- Free Downloadable Sun Moon Themed Yoga Class Plan (PDF) - September 26, 2017
- Free Downloadable Sun Salutations Chair Yoga Lesson Plan (PDF) - September 12, 2017
- Free Downloadable Yoga for Cyclists Lesson Plan (1 of 3) - August 18, 2017