How To Teach Half Lord Of The Fishes Pose
Sit on floor with legs straight.
Put feet on floor then slide left foot under right leg to outside of right hip.
Lay outside of left leg on floor.
Step right foot over left leg and stand it on floor outside left hip.
Exhale and twist toward inside of right thigh.
Press right hand against floor just behind right buttock.
Set left upper arm on outside of right thigh near knee.
Pull front torso and inner right thigh together.
Press inner right foot actively into floor.
Release right groin and lengthen front torso.
Lengthen tailbone into floor.
Twist a little more with every exhalation.
Release with exhalation.
Repeat on left side.
- Stimulates liver and kidneys.
- Stretches shoulders, hips and neck.
- Energises the spine.
- Stimulates the digestive fire in the belly.
- Relieves menstrual discomfort, fatigue, sciatica and backache.
- Therapeutic for asthma and infertility.
- Awakens kundalini.
Latest posts by George Watts (see all)
- 1001 Yoga Class Planning Tips & Handouts For Yoga Teachers - July 15, 2018
- Yoga Anatomy 101: A Crash Course For Yoga Teachers - June 6, 2018
- Marketing Tactics For Newbie Yoga Teachers - April 28, 2018
- A Sticky Note Guide To Being A Yoga Teacher: Beware The Treacherous Yoga Teacher Training Canyon - March 22, 2018
- How To End Your Yoga Class On Time Every Time: My Easy Peasy Formula Revealed - January 29, 2018