How To Teach Half Moon Pose
Stand in Mountain.
Big step back with right foot.
Turn foot to side of mat.
Take arms out in a T with palms pointing down.
Place right hand on waist.
Shift weight into left leg as you lift right foot off floor.
Left hand on floor (or block).
Hand is 12 inches in front of left foot.
Look down and gaze at a point.
Raise leg parallel to floor.
Straighten standing leg.
Extend right arm up.
When exiting pose draw belly in.
Repeat on other side.
Follow Up Poses
- Strengthens abdomen, ankles, thighs, buttocks, spine.
- Stretches groin, hamstrings, calves, shoulders, chest, spine.
- Stand with back to wall.
- Yoga block under hand.
- Neck pain.
- Low Blood Pressure.
Latest posts by George Watts (see all)
- 43 Meditations In One Yoga Class Handout: Free PDF Download - October 10, 2017
- Free Downloadable Caterpillar To Butterfly Themed Yoga Class Plan (PDF) - October 8, 2017
- Free Downloadable Sun Moon Themed Yoga Class Plan (PDF) - September 26, 2017
- Free Downloadable Sun Salutations Chair Yoga Lesson Plan (PDF) - September 12, 2017
- Free Downloadable Yoga for Cyclists Lesson Plan (1 of 3) - August 18, 2017