How To Teach Half Moon Pose
Stand in Mountain.
Big step back with right foot.
Turn foot to side of mat.
Take arms out in a T with palms pointing down.
Place right hand on waist.
Shift weight into left leg as you lift right foot off floor.
Left hand on floor (or block).
Hand is 12 inches in front of left foot.
Look down and gaze at a point.
Raise leg parallel to floor.
Straighten standing leg.
Extend right arm up.
When exiting pose draw belly in.
Repeat on other side.
Follow Up Poses
- Strengthens abdomen, ankles, thighs, buttocks, spine.
- Stretches groin, hamstrings, calves, shoulders, chest, spine.
- Stand with back to wall.
- Yoga block under hand.
- Neck pain.
- Low Blood Pressure.
Latest posts by George Watts (see all)
- Marketing Tactics For Newbie Yoga Teachers - April 28, 2018
- A Sticky Note Guide To Being A Yoga Teacher: Beware The Treacherous Yoga Teacher Training Canyon - March 22, 2018
- How To End Your Yoga Class On Time Every Time: My Easy Peasy Formula Revealed - January 29, 2018
- Free Yoga Therapy Lesson Plan 2 of 6: Arthritic Spine Yoga Lesson Plan - January 29, 2018
- Free Yoga Therapy Lesson Plan 1 of 6: Opening Upper Back, Neck & Shoulders - January 29, 2018