How To Teach Heron Pose
- Sit with legs out ahead of you.
- Bend right knee in front of you so it touches the floor.
- both knees together.
- Maintain balance while you sit straight
- Weight rests on your sitting bones.
- Leg perpendicular to ground.
- Move chin towards knee.
- Keep back straight and extended.
Modification 1 | Half Lotus Heron
Modification 2 | Strap
Place a strap around the sole of your foot before straightening your leg.
- Stretches hamstrings
- Strengthens leg joints and muscles
- Stretches ankles
- Flexes leg joints and muscles
- Stimulates abdominal organs and heart
- Knee or ankle pain
Latest posts by George Watts (see all)
- Yoga Anatomy 101: A Crash Course For Yoga Teachers - June 6, 2018
- Marketing Tactics For Newbie Yoga Teachers - April 28, 2018
- A Sticky Note Guide To Being A Yoga Teacher: Beware The Treacherous Yoga Teacher Training Canyon - March 22, 2018
- How To End Your Yoga Class On Time Every Time: My Easy Peasy Formula Revealed - January 29, 2018
- Free Yoga Therapy Lesson Plan 2 of 6: Arthritic Spine Yoga Lesson Plan - January 29, 2018