How To Teach Heron Pose
- Sit with legs out ahead of you.
- Bend right knee in front of you so it touches the floor.
- both knees together.
- Maintain balance while you sit straight
- Weight rests on your sitting bones.
- Leg perpendicular to ground.
- Move chin towards knee.
- Keep back straight and extended.
Modification 1 | Half Lotus Heron
Modification 2 | Strap
Place a strap around the sole of your foot before straightening your leg.
- Stretches hamstrings
- Strengthens leg joints and muscles
- Stretches ankles
- Flexes leg joints and muscles
- Stimulates abdominal organs and heart
- Knee or ankle pain
Latest posts by George Watts (see all)
- Yoga Therapy: Free Yoga Lesson Plan For Lower Back Pain - December 8, 2018
- Yoga Quote: Yoga Is A Light (B.K.S. Iyengar) - December 4, 2018
- Yoga Quote: Presence - December 2, 2018
- Yoga Quote: Every Struggle Is Like Mud - December 2, 2018
- Yoga Quote: You Cannot Do Yoga - December 1, 2018