How To Teach Heron Pose
- Sit with legs out ahead of you.
- Bend right knee in front of you so it touches the floor.
- both knees together.
- Maintain balance while you sit straight
- Weight rests on your sitting bones.
- Leg perpendicular to ground.
- Move chin towards knee.
- Keep back straight and extended.
Modification 1 | Half Lotus Heron
Modification 2 | Strap
Place a strap around the sole of your foot before straightening your leg.
- Stretches hamstrings
- Strengthens leg joints and muscles
- Stretches ankles
- Flexes leg joints and muscles
- Stimulates abdominal organs and heart
- Knee or ankle pain
Latest posts by George Watts (see all)
- 43 Meditations In One Yoga Class Handout: Free PDF Download - October 10, 2017
- Free Downloadable Caterpillar To Butterfly Themed Yoga Class Plan (PDF) - October 8, 2017
- Free Downloadable Sun Moon Themed Yoga Class Plan (PDF) - September 26, 2017
- Free Downloadable Sun Salutations Chair Yoga Lesson Plan (PDF) - September 12, 2017
- Free Downloadable Yoga for Cyclists Lesson Plan (1 of 3) - August 18, 2017