Conscious Breathing Pranayama Exercises
Pranayama is loosely translated as prana (pra-aana) or breathe control.
Breathing affects our state of mind. It can make us excited or calm, tense or relaxed. It can make our thinking confused or clear. In the ancient yogic tradition, air is the primary source of life force, a psycho-physio-spiritual force that permeates the universe. Yogic breathing is used in yoga as a separate practice to help clear and cleanse the body and mind.
It oxygenates the lungs by getting rid of enormous quantity of carbon dioxide and other toxic gases.
It is also used in preparation for asana, the practice of yogic postures and meditation, to help maximize the benefits of the practice, and focus the mind.
Conscious Breathing Video
Latest posts by George Watts (see all)
- How To End Your Yoga Class On Time Every Time: My Easy Peasy Formula Revealed - January 29, 2018
- Free Yoga Therapy Lesson Plan 2 of 6: Arthritic Spine Yoga Lesson Plan - January 29, 2018
- Free Yoga Therapy Lesson Plan 1 of 6: Opening Upper Back, Neck & Shoulders - January 29, 2018
- Free Meditations Yoga Class Handout: 43 Meditations In One PDF - October 10, 2017
- Free Downloadable Caterpillar To Butterfly Themed Yoga Class Plan (PDF) - October 8, 2017