Conscious Breathing Pranayama Exercises
Pranayama is loosely translated as prana (pra-aana) or breathe control.
Breathing affects our state of mind. It can make us excited or calm, tense or relaxed. It can make our thinking confused or clear. In the ancient yogic tradition, air is the primary source of life force, a psycho-physio-spiritual force that permeates the universe. Yogic breathing is used in yoga as a separate practice to help clear and cleanse the body and mind.
It oxygenates the lungs by getting rid of enormous quantity of carbon dioxide and other toxic gases.
It is also used in preparation for asana, the practice of yogic postures and meditation, to help maximize the benefits of the practice, and focus the mind.
Conscious Breathing Video
Latest posts by George Watts (see all)
- Yoga Anatomy 101: A Crash Course For Yoga Teachers - June 6, 2018
- Marketing Tactics For Newbie Yoga Teachers - April 28, 2018
- A Sticky Note Guide To Being A Yoga Teacher: Beware The Treacherous Yoga Teacher Training Canyon - March 22, 2018
- How To End Your Yoga Class On Time Every Time: My Easy Peasy Formula Revealed - January 29, 2018
- Free Yoga Therapy Lesson Plan 2 of 6: Arthritic Spine Yoga Lesson Plan - January 29, 2018