Yoga Therapy Lesson Plan Series 2 of 6 (Arthritic Spine)
Free Downloadable Yoga Lesson Plan For Arthritic Spine: Created & Shared By One Of Our Members Using The Drag & Drop Yoga Genie Planner
The long version has everything you need to practice the lesson plan before getting to class. You can take it to class with you (but you may prefer to take the short version). The long version is a great handout to give to your students, especially your one-to-one students. It immediately shows your professionalism and increases your expertise in the eyes of the student(s).
The short version is perfect for taking into class with you. It’s short and sweet.
Arthritic Spine Lesson Plan Overview
This lesson plan was for a student with an arthritic spine who had little mobility. It was created using the Drag & Drop Yoga Genie Planner by one of our lovely members.
Yoga may cause painful flare ups in the short term because more movement is required from the joints. A little discomfort is ok in the short term because it means the joints are loosening in the long term. Don’t let the flare up be too painful. Start your practice with gentle warm ups. If it is painful to hold a pose, don’t stay for more than a few seconds. Instead, develop mobility in the joints by flowing in and out of the pose. Use props when needed.
Latest posts by George Watts (see all)
- Marketing Tactics For Newbie Yoga Teachers - April 28, 2018
- A Sticky Note Guide To Being A Yoga Teacher: Beware The Treacherous Yoga Teacher Training Canyon - March 22, 2018
- How To End Your Yoga Class On Time Every Time: My Easy Peasy Formula Revealed - January 29, 2018
- Free Yoga Therapy Lesson Plan 2 of 6: Arthritic Spine Yoga Lesson Plan - January 29, 2018
- Free Yoga Therapy Lesson Plan 1 of 6: Opening Upper Back, Neck & Shoulders - January 29, 2018