Pregnancy Yoga Training
Trimester 1 (1-13 weeks)
Legs Up Wall Pose
1) Bring right hip to the wall.
2) Come onto your back and swing legs up onto wall so heels and sitting bones are supported against it. If any discomfort in lower back, adjust body slightly back from the wall so sitting bones are not touching it.
3) Separate legs as wide as feels comfortable.
4) Rest head on the mat keeping spine straight, and bend your knees a little.
5) Rest arms out to sides with palms facing up. Relax hands and wrists.
6) Close eyes for 5 minutes as you soften and let go.
7) When ready to come of pose bend knees and drop them to one side. You’ll now be in foetal position. Take a few breathes and come up to cross legged position.
- Don’t practice full shoulderstand during pregnancy.
- High blood pressure.
- Neck injury.
- Stiff low back.
- Cure-all for most common ailments.
- Soothes nerves.
- Good for balance.
- Feel joy of life.
- Eradicates colds.
Latest posts by George Watts (see all)
- 1001 Yoga Class Planning Tips & Handouts For Yoga Teachers - July 15, 2018
- Yoga Anatomy 101: A Crash Course For Yoga Teachers - June 6, 2018
- Marketing Tactics For Newbie Yoga Teachers - April 28, 2018
- A Sticky Note Guide To Being A Yoga Teacher: Beware The Treacherous Yoga Teacher Training Canyon - March 22, 2018
- How To End Your Yoga Class On Time Every Time: My Easy Peasy Formula Revealed - January 29, 2018