Happy Baby Pose
1) Lie on back. With an exhale, bend knees into belly.
2) Inhale, grip outsides of feet with hands. Open knees slightly wider than torso then bring them up toward armpits.
3) Position each ankle directly over knee, so shins are perpendicular to floor. Flex through heels. Gently push feet up into hands as you pull hands down to create resistance.
4) Coax thighs in toward torso and down toward floor as you lengthen spine, release tail bone toward floor, lengthen base of skull away from back of neck.
6) Release feet back to floor with an exhale.
- Gently stretches inner groins and back of spine
- Calms the brain
- Helps relieve stress and fatigue
Modification #1 | Strap
Hold each foot with a strap looped around middle arch.
Modification #2 | Butterfly
- Knee injury
Latest posts by George Watts (see all)
- Marketing Tactics For Newbie Yoga Teachers - April 28, 2018
- A Sticky Note Guide To Being A Yoga Teacher: Beware The Treacherous Yoga Teacher Training Canyon - March 22, 2018
- How To End Your Yoga Class On Time Every Time: My Easy Peasy Formula Revealed - January 29, 2018
- Free Yoga Therapy Lesson Plan 2 of 6: Arthritic Spine Yoga Lesson Plan - January 29, 2018
- Free Yoga Therapy Lesson Plan 1 of 6: Opening Upper Back, Neck & Shoulders - January 29, 2018