How To Teach Eagle Pose (Garudasana) Creatively Using Your Right Brain
Use “eagle symbolism” to weave a theme into your yoga lesson plans.
20 Eagle Symbolism Words
Use one of the seven “eagle themes” below in your next yoga lesson plan.
7 Eagle Pose Themes
Grounded by limitation: Not allowing the illusion of limitation to ground us in our flight.
Don’t judge a book by its cover: in spite of its enormous size, the eagle still takes flight, seemingly effortlessly.
Conserve resources (work smarter, not harder): Eagles are opportunistic. They’re skilled hunters, but they go about gaining their food in ways that are more efficient then hunting…eating what’s already been killed.
Communication: As rulers of the sky, the eagle is connected with the air element, which symbolises communication.
Streamlined: An eagle is streamlined, sleek and chiseled. Yoga helps the body to become streamlined, sleek and chiseled.
Focused Change: The eagle teaches us to use our abilities in a laser-like fashion to bring about focused change in our lives.
Fly Higher: Give yourself permission to fly higher.
Eagle Pose Video
- Start in Mountain Pose.
- Bend legs slightly.
- Weight on left leg.
- Lift right leg across left.
- Fix gaze. Stand steady.
- Lift arms to shoulder height.
- Take right arm across left.
- Bend elbow.
- Bring backs of hands together.
- Brings palms together.
- Release to Mountain.
- Strengthens ankles.
- Releases tightness in the shoulders.
- Balance pose gives a sense of poise.
- Great when feeling stressed.
Follow Up Poses
- Tree Pose
- Chair Pose
- Use wall (support back)
- Lean torso into a forward bend
- Knee injury
The following two tabs change content below.
Latest posts by George Watts (see all)
- Yoga Therapy: Free Yoga Lesson Plan For Lower Back Pain - December 8, 2018
- Yoga Quote: Yoga Is A Light (B.K.S. Iyengar) - December 4, 2018
- Yoga Quote: Presence - December 2, 2018
- Yoga Quote: Every Struggle Is Like Mud - December 2, 2018
- Yoga Quote: You Cannot Do Yoga - December 1, 2018