How To Teach Cobra Pose
Bhujanga = “snake” or “serpent”
Asana = “posture” or “seat”
From a prone position with palms and legs on floor, chest is lifted.
1) Lie face down with feet together & toes pointing behind you.
2) Place hands flat on floor close to body (beside rib cage).
3) Inhale. Gently push off lifting head and chest off ground (tilting head back).
4) Feel chest moving forward and upward.
- Builds up self-confidence and alertness.
- Increases suppleness of spine.
- Enhance elasticity of lungs.
- Palms, wrists & toes are strengthened.
- Do not rest the knees on the ground.
Follow Up Poses
Cobra is a beginning backbend that helps to prepare the body for deeper backbends.
- Upward Facing Dog
- Any seated forward bends
Latest posts by George Watts (see all)
- New Sun Salutations Category Added To The Yoga Genie Lesson Planner - August 10, 2017
- FREE Downloadable Kids Sun Salutations C Yoga Lesson Plan - August 10, 2017
- Yoga Therapy: Free Downloadable Yoga For Varicose Veins Lesson Plan - August 8, 2017
- Free Core Yoga Class Plan Theme: 12 Weeks To Sculpt A 6 Pack (3 of 3) - June 24, 2017
- Free Core Yoga Lesson Plan Theme: 12 Weeks To Sculpt A 6 Pack (2 of 3) - June 20, 2017