- From Mountain bring left knee toward belly.
- Hold outside of left foot.
- Firm front thigh muscles of standing leg
- Press outer thigh inward.
- Extend left leg forward.
- Straighten knee.
- Swing leg out to side.
- Swing leg back to centre with an inhale.
- Lower foot to floor with an exhale.
- Repeat on other side.
- Strengthens the legs & ankles
- Stretches the backs of the legs
- Improves sense of balance
- Ankle or low back injuries
- If your hamstrings are tight, hold a strap looped around the left sole.
The following two tabs change content below.
This post was lovingly morphed into reality by BWY yoga teacher, George Watts. If you're looking for a treasure trove of yoga lesson planning goodness, take a look at my affordable yoga lesson plan bundles for yoga teachers . And if you'd like to save time creating yoga lesson plans sign up today for a free 7 day trial for my drag & drop online yoga lesson planner.
Latest posts by George Watts (see all)
- 1001 Yoga Class Planning Tips & Handouts For Yoga Teachers - July 15, 2018
- Yoga Anatomy 101: A Crash Course For Yoga Teachers - June 6, 2018
- Marketing Tactics For Newbie Yoga Teachers - April 28, 2018
- A Sticky Note Guide To Being A Yoga Teacher: Beware The Treacherous Yoga Teacher Training Canyon - March 22, 2018
- How To End Your Yoga Class On Time Every Time: My Easy Peasy Formula Revealed - January 29, 2018