- From Mountain bring left knee toward belly.
- Hold outside of left foot.
- Firm front thigh muscles of standing leg
- Press outer thigh inward.
- Extend left leg forward.
- Straighten knee.
- Swing leg out to side.
- Swing leg back to centre with an inhale.
- Lower foot to floor with an exhale.
- Repeat on other side.
- Strengthens the legs & ankles
- Stretches the backs of the legs
- Improves sense of balance
- Ankle or low back injuries
- If your hamstrings are tight, hold a strap looped around the left sole.
How To Teach Eagle Pose (Garudasana) Creatively Using Your Right Brain
Mountain Pose Video Tutorial
How To Teach Standing Forward Bend
Wide Legged Forward Bend
How To Teach Crescent Lunge | Anjaneyasana - Updated 2017
Intense Side Stretch Pose | Parsvottanasana
How To Teach Warrior III
How To Teach Warrior I Pose | Virabhadrasana
How To Teach Half Moon Pose | Ardha Chandrasana
How To Teach Chair Pose | Utkatasana
How To Teach Dancer Pose (nataranjasana)
How To Teach Extended Triangle Pose (Uttitha Trikonasana)
The following two tabs change content below.
This post was lovingly morphed into reality by BWY yoga teacher, George Watts. If you're looking for a treasure trove of yoga lesson planning goodness, take a look at my affordable yoga lesson plan bundles for yoga teachers . And if you'd like to save time creating yoga lesson plans sign up today for a free 7 day trial for my Yoga Lesson Plan Creator.
Latest posts by George Watts (see all)
- Yoga Therapy: Free Yoga Lesson Plan For Lower Back Pain - December 8, 2018
- Yoga Quote: Yoga Is A Light (B.K.S. Iyengar) - December 4, 2018
- Yoga Quote: Presence - December 2, 2018
- Yoga Quote: Every Struggle Is Like Mud - December 2, 2018
- Yoga Quote: You Cannot Do Yoga - December 1, 2018