Solar Plexus Centre, Heart Centre, Throat Centre, Crown Centre
Tip Of Nose
Squat. Place hands on floor. Spread fingers. Place knees on triceps. Bend elbows slightly. Lift onto toes. Position knees onto triceps. Squeeze inner thighs against sides of torso. Engage abs. Gaze forward. Lift left foot. Lift right foot. Shift weight forward by leaning knees into triceps and lifting onto balls of feet. Touch big toes together. Straighten arms. Draw abs in and up.
Crow Symbolism Ideas That You Can Use In Your Next Yoga Class Theme
Themes add a bit of fun and creativity to a yoga class. If you've chosen crow as your peak pose, below are some ways you can weave crow symbolism into the theme.
Trickster Bird: The crow has always been associated with both positive and negative symbolism. This trickster of a bird shows up to let you know that things are ever-changing. Continue overcoming any obstacles.
Transformation: When you see a crow or practice Crow Pose you could be undergoing a huge transformation. Are you stopping your personal abundance (whether it be health, personal, or wealth) due to fear and anxiety? The crow’s mysticism and magic can aid in your quest. The crow’s medicine is a reminder that you are on the verge of manifesting whatever you have been creating in your mind. Allow those positive thoughts to guide you.
Prophetic Gifts: When you see a crow or practice Crow Pose your subconscious will feel a strong creative urge. The crow has the ability to bring prophetic gifts of insight. What’s stopping you from creatively opening up? Let the crow’s medicine help you reach your authentic power.
Grounding: The crow is a good symbolism of balance in dark and light. Even their feathers change shades with the light. Just like the yin and yang, you need to find grounding in all aspects of life. Seeing a crow, or practicing Crow Pose is a reminder that where there is dark, there is also the other side of light.
Confident Self: Your tenacity and persistence will pay off. Crows do not give up easily. They will pursue their target and get whatever they need when they need it. You are gradually shifting into your confident self.
Take flight: The crow’s visit on the Yoga mat will guide you to continue opening up your vision. The crow is beckoning you to take flight and follow your dreams.
Benefits Of Balance Poses
Balance is the ability to control your body’s position, whether stationary (i.e. a complex yoga pose) or while moving (e.g. playing golf).
Balance is a key component of Yoga, along with strength and flexibility poses.
Top 5 benefits of balance poses...
1) Body Awareness – Body awareness is the sense of how your limbs are oriented in space, also known as proprioception. Balance training improves body awareness, which decreases the likelihood of injury.
2) Coordination – Balance poses require your entire body to work in harmony, otherwise you will fall or stumble. Improved coordination during balance poses will be transferred into coordination in everyday life.
3) Joint Stability – Balance poses to promote stable knees, ankles, hips, and shoulders. This can prevent a multitude of injuries including sprained ankles and knee problems.
4) Reaction Time – Balance poses can improve your reaction time. If you happen to slip or stumble when performing balance poses, your body needs to re-balance immediately or you will fall. This in turn will improve your reaction time in everyday life.
5) Long Term Health – Adding balance poses into your Yoga session helps to maintain or improve your balance, which is needed to prevent falls and fractures. As we age, our balance can deteriorate. Yoga balances will help delay that deterioration.