Hi, my name is George Watts.
I’m a British Wheel Of Yoga teacher. And creator of the 15 Minute Yoga Lesson Planner. That’s the MS Word version of my online Yoga Genie Lesson Planner.
Since 2010 I’ve been helping my fellow yoga teachers by providing free yoga lesson plans, yoga lesson planning tips, and handouts. Yoga teachers from all over the world have also been using my 15 Minute Yoga Lesson Planner to create lesson plans in under 15 minutes. It’s ideal if you prefer using MS word.
But that’s not all you’ll receive.
You’ll also get your yogic hands on all these bonuses…
Yoga Lesson Plan Templates Pack
You’ll receive the following yoga lesson plan templates. You can either edit them or use straight out of the box.
Lesson Plan Templates
- Alternative Nose Breath Yoga Lesson Plan
- Back-bends Yoga Lesson Plan
- Bolster Yoga Lesson Plan
- Dolphin Yoga Lesson Plan
- Downward Dog Lesson Plan
- Handstand Yoga Lesson Plan
- Locust Yoga Lesson Plan
- Partner Yoga Lesson Plan
- Pigeon Yoga Lesson Plan
- Pregnancy Trimester I Lesson Plan
- Shoulder Stand Yoga Lesson Plan
- Sun salutations Yoga Lesson Plan
- Triangle Yoga Lesson Plan
- Twists Yoga Lesson Plan
Each Yoga Lesson Plan Template Has The Following 4 Features…
1. Aims and Objectives Sheet
Writing your Aims & Objectives for each lesson will give you amazing clarity and confidence.
Click here to see a video of me talking about Aims & Objectives.
Benefits of having Aims & Objectives…
- Share them with your students.
- Aims indicate the overall goals of the yoga session.
- Aims state what the yoga class/course will try to provide.
- Aims give us a path to follow and a destination to hit.
- Aims help your students become better students.
- Aims explain your intentions to your students.
- Aims help keep students coming back to your class.
- Aims enable teachers to be aware of student progress.
- Objectives increase clarity.
- Objectives help to keep track of learning outcomes for students.
- Objectives contribute to the achievement of the larger goals.
- Objectives give your yoga class a clearly defined target.
2. Yoga Class Handout
Each Each Lesson Plan Template comes with an eye-catching class handout.
Benefits of giving your students a yoga class handout
- Students love class handouts. I mean, come on, who doesn’t like a freebie?
- It instantly shows you have gone above and beyond for your students.
- It’s a powerful referral tool if you include a list of your yoga services.
3. Time Considerations
The time consideration column allows you to keep track of your progress when teaching a yoga class.
Believe me when I say this…
The “time awareness” you have by using the time consideration column takes away a whole lot of stress!
4. Personal Teacher Notes
There’s even a space for you to write your own personal teacher notes. This is optional! Everything you could possibly need to create a yoga lesson plan is already done for you. All you need to do is ‘copy and paste’ to create a lesson plan. You may, however, like to add personal notes about how the class went and how to improve the next class.
The Pranayama Planner is an ADD-ON MODULE to the 15 Minute Yoga Lesson Planner.
That means you can add breathing exercises and pranayama exercises to your yoga lesson plans with a click of a button. Students love learning breathing and pranayama techniques. Most yoga teachers only teach 2 or 3 pranayama techniques. That is a real shame for their students! Giving the gift of a pranayama technique to a student can be a truly life changing experience.
The “Breathing Exercises/Pranayam Planner” Includes…
- ABDOMINAL BREATH
- ALTERNATE NOSE BREATH
- ALTERNATE NOSE BREATH WITH UJJAYI BREATHING
- BELLOW’S BREATH
- BREATH COUNTING
- COMPLETE BREATH
- CROW BEAK BREATH
- DOLPHIN BREATH
- EXTENDED OUTBREATH
- FIRE BREATH
- KAYA KRIYA BREATH
- OM BREATH
- PIGEON BREATH
- UJJAYI BREATH
Kids Yoga Planner
The Kids Yoga Planner is an ADD-ON MODULE to the 15 Minute Yoga Lesson Planner. That means you can create kids yoga lesson plans and adult yoga lesson plans with a click of a button. The Planner has seven categories: Emotional IQ, Games, Hoop Yoga, Poses, Breathing, Meditation and Relaxation.
The “Kids Yoga Planner” Includes…
- EMOTIONAL IQ | ATTITUDE OF GRATITUDE
- EMOTIONAL IQ | CIRCLE QUESTION TIME
- EMOTIONAL IQ | CREATIVITY TIME
- EMOTIONAL IQ | DOOR SIGN
- EMOTIONAL IQ | WHAT DOES YOGA DO FOR US?
- GAME | ALPHABET YOGA
- GAME | ALPHABET YOGA TRAIL
- GAME | AROUND THE WORLD IN 80 POSES
- GAME | CHRISTMAS NATIVITY
- GAME | FREEZE DANCE
- GAME | FREEZE DANCE ANIMAL
- GAME | HALLOWEEN
- GAME | HUMAN MANDALA
- GAME | KIDS BECOME THE TEACHER
- GAME | MAGIC ANIMAL PILLOWCASE
- GAME | MEXICAN WAVE
- GAME | MIRRORING
- GAME | MUSICAL CHAIRS
- GAME | NAME THE ASANA
- GAME | OBSTACLE COURSE
- GAME | OLD MCDONALD HAD A FARM
- GAME | PICNIC TRIP
- GAME | SIMON SAYS
- GAME | SUN RISE & SUN SET
- GAME | TRUST BUILDING
- HOOP YOGA | OVER UNDER
- HOOP YOGA | PASS THE HOOP
- HOOP YOGA | SUN SALUTATIONS
- HOOP YOGA | WALK, HOP, HOOP
- POSE | CAMEL IN THE DESERT POSE
- POSE | CRAB (TABLE OR SLIDE)
- POSE | DOG ON THREE LEGS
- POSE | DOG WITH A VERY WAGGY TAIL
- POSE | DUCK (SQUAT)
- POSE | FLOWER (SEATED)
- POSE | FROG (SQUAT)
- POSE | GET BACK UP (DANCER)
- POSE | GORILLA
- POSE | HAPPY NEW YEAR (WIDE LEG SEATED)
- POSE | INVISIBLE CHAIR (SQUAT)
- POSE | JEDI KNIGHT (WARRIOR I)
- POSE | JELLY FISH IN THE OCEAN
- POSE | JUMPING VOLCANO
- POSE | MOO
- POSE | NAGINI (COBRA)
- POSE | OPENING THE BRIDGE
- POSE | PLACE OF SAFTY (CHILD)
- POSE | RABBIT (KNEELING)
- POSE | ROCK N ROLL
- POSE | SCARECROW
- POSE | SCARY MUMMY
- POSE | SEEDS IN A POD (CHILD)
- POSE | SHARK (COBRA)
- POSE | SLEEDING (STAFF)
- POSE | SOAR LIKE AN EAGLE (EAGLE)
- POSE | STAR (STANDING SIDE BEND)
- POSE | SURFER (WARRIOR II, ARCHERY, SNOWBOARDER)
- POSE | TREE BEARD THE ENT (TREE, FLAMINGO)
- POSE | VACUUM CLEANER
- KID BREATHING: FEATHER BREATH
- KID BREATHING: FIREWORKS BREATH
- KID BREATHING: FIREWORKS GROUP BREATH
- KID BREATHING: HAPPY SAD BREATH
- KID BREATHING: LAVA BREATH
- KID BREATHING: SHOOTING STARS BREATH
- KID MEDITATION: GAZING CIRCLE
- KID MEDITATION: SHOWER TIME
- KID MEDITATION: SIGHT
- KID MEDITATION: SILENT BELL
- KID MEDITATION: SMELL
- KID MEDITATION: SOUND
- KID MEDITATION: TASTE
- KID MEDITATION: THIRD EYE MAGIC STONE
- KID MEDITATION: TOUCH
- KID RELAXATION: BODY SCAN
- KID RELAXATION: GUIDED RELAXTION
- KID RELAXATION: MAGIC CARPET RIDE WITH HARRY POTTER
- KID RELAXATION: SLOW MOTION ENDING
Laughter Yoga Genie Lesson Planner
If you’ve ever wanted to teach laughter yoga, but never had the confidence to do it, well now you can with the Laughter Yoga Genie Lesson Planner.
The Laughter Yoga Genie Lesson Planner is an ADD-ON MODULE for the 15 Minute Yoga Lesson Planner. That means you can create normal yoga lesson plans with a few laughter yoga exercises as ‘warm ups’ at the beginning of your classes or create laughter yoga lesson plans.
The “Laugher Yoga Planner” Includes…
- ALIEN, TIGER, COW
- CLAP FOCUS
- COUNT TO 20
- CREDIT CARD BILL
- ELECTRIC SHOCK
- FREE ASSOCIATION
- GRADIENT LAUGHTER
- GREETING LAUGHTER
- HAND SQUEEZE
- HEARTY LAUGHER
- HIGH FIVES
- IMAGINARY BALL THROWING
- INVENT A POSE
- JEEPERS PEEPERS
- LAUGHER COMPETITION
- OBJECT ASSOCIATION
- MOBILE PHONE
- PYRAMID DANCING
- RASPBERRY NOISES
- SINGING THE BLUES
- SLOW MOTION TAG
- TEACH A POSE
- WHAT ARE YOU DOING?
- YES, LETS
Mantra Lesson Planner
The Mantra Lesson Planner is an ADD-ON MODULE to the 15 Minute Yoga Lesson Planner. That means you can add a mantra to your yoga lesson plans with a click of a button. If you’ve never felt brave enough to try anything other than the OM Mantra with your yoga students, that’s about to change with this nifty bonus!
Each mantra includes a link to an audio of the mantra to help you learn it.
Benefits of teaching Mantras…
- Boost Immunity
- Reduce Anxiety and Depression
- Release Neuroses
- Strengthen Empowerment
- Encourage Self-Expression
- Develop Intuition
- Engender Compassion
- Increase Radiance
- Foster Connectedness
The “Mantra Planner” Includes…
- AHAM BRAHMA ASMI
- AHAM PREMAL
- ANG SANG WAHE GURU
- COSMIC MANTRA
- EK ONG KAAR
- GAYATRI MANTRA
- JAT PAAHAARAA DHEERAJ SUNIAAR
- LORD SHIVA MANTRA
- MAHAMRITYUNJAY MANTRA
- MOOLA MANTRA
- OM MANTRA
- OM AIM HRIM SRIM
- OM BREATH MANTRA
- OM DUM DURGAYEI NAMAHA
- OM GUM GANAPATEYIE MANTRA
- OM KAMA PUJITAYEI NAMAHA
- OM MANI PADME HUM
- OM MEANING
- OM NAMAHA SHIVAY
- OM NAMO BHAGAVATE VASUDEVAYA
- OM RADHA KRISHNAYA NAMAHA
- OM SHANTI OM
- OM SHREE DHANVANTRE NAMAHA
- OM SHREEM MAHALAKSHMIYEI NAMAHA
- OM SURYAY NAMAHA
- ONG NAMO GURU DEV NAMO
- ONG SOHUNG
- PATANJALI INVOCATION
- PEACE MANTRA 1
- PEACE MANTRA 2
- RA MA DA SA
- SA TA NA MA
- SHANTI PEACE MANTRA
- SO HUM
- WAHEGURU VAHEGURU
The Mudra Planner is an ADD-ON MODULE to the 15 Minute Yoga Lesson Planner. That means you can add yoga mudras to your yoga lesson plans with a click of a button.
The Mudra Planner Includes…
- AAKASH MUDRA
- ADHI MUDRA
- ANJALI MUDRA
- APANA MUDRA
- APAN VAYU MUDRA
- ASTHMA MUDRA
- BHAIRAV MUDRA
- BODHISATTVA DHYAN MUDRA
- BRAHMA MUDRA
- CHIN MUDRA
- CHINMAY MUDRA
- DEAR SEAL MUDRA
- DHARMACHAKRA MUDRA
- DHYANI MUDRA
- FIGA MUDRA
- GANESHA MUDRA
- GARUDA MUDRA
- GYAN MUDRA
- HRIDYA MUDRA
- JALODAR NASHAK MUDRA
- JNANA (DHYANA) MUDRA
- KUNDALINI MUDRA
- LINGA MUDRA
- LOTUS MUDRA
- MAHA SACRAL MUDRA
- MATANGI MUDRA
- MERUDANDA MUDRA
- MUSHTI MUDRA
- NAMASTE MUDRA
- PRAN MUDRA
- PRITHIVI MUDRA
- PRITHIVI MUDRA
- PUSHPAPUTA MUDRA
- SHAKTI MUDRA
- SHANKH MUDRA
- SHIVA LINGA MUDRA
- SHUNYA HEAVEN MUDRA
- SUCHI MUDRA
- SURYA MUDRA
- USHAS MUDRA
- UTTARABODHI MUDRA
- VAJRAPRADAMA MUDRA
- VARUNA MUDRA
- VAYU MUDRA
- YONI MUDRA
Partner Yoga Planner
The Partner Yoga Genie Lesson Planner is an ADD-ON MODULE to the 15 Minute Yoga Lesson Planner. That means you can add partner yoga exercises to your yoga lesson plans with a click of a button.
The “Partner Yoga Planner” Includes…
- CHILD AND CAMEL
- LUNGE AND DOWNWARD FACING DOG
- SEATED FORWARD BEND 1
- SEATED FORWARD BEND 2
- SIMON SAYS
- STANDING BACKBEND
- WARRIOR II
Pregnancy Yoga Genie Lesson Planner
The Pregnancy Yoga Planner is an ADD-ON MODULE to the 15 Minute Yoga Lesson Planner. That means you can add approximately 100 pregnancy yoga poses to your yoga lesson plans with a click of a button.
For years I had been teaching yoga to pregnant students on a one to one basis. I don’t know about you, but I used to spend hours and hours and hours researching pregnancy yoga before each client arrived.
It was exhausting.
The reason for my diligence is because I didn’t want to risk the health of the baby by giving the mother-to-be inappropriate yoga postures and breathing exercises.
So, I spent several months creating The Pregnancy Yoga Planner.
The “Pregnancy Yoga Planner” Includes…
- AVOID THESE POSES DURING TRIMESTER 1, 2 & 3
- AVOID THESE POSES DURING TRIMESTER 1 (0-13 WEEKS)
- AVOID THESE POSES DURING TRIMESTER 2 (14-26 WEEKS)
- AVOID THESE POSES DURING TRIMESTER 3 (27-40 WEEKS)
- ANKLE CRANKING (T1, 2 & 3)
- BOUND ANGLE (T1, 2 & 3)
- BREATHING TIPS (T1, 2 & 3)
- BREATHING: COUNTING THE BREATH (T1, 2 &3)
- BREATHING: OOOOOOOH BREATH (T1, 2 &3)
- BREATHING: THINKING THE WORD RELAX (T1, 2 & 3)
- BREATHING: CHEST (T1, 2 & 3)
- BRIDGE POSE (T1)
- BUTTERFLY (T1, 2, 3)
- BUTTERFLY HALF (T1, 2, 3)
- BUTTERFLY HALF VARIATION 1 (T1, 2)
- BUTTERFLY HALF VARIATION 2 (T1, 2)
- CAMEL (T1)
- CAT (T1, 2)
- CAT MODIFICATION (T1, 2)
- CHILD (T1)
- CHILD CIRCLING (T1)
- CHILD WITH BOLSTER (T1,2,3)
- CHOPPING WOOD (T1)
- CHURNING THE MILL (T1)
- COW SIDE LUNGE (T1, 2 & 3)
- COW VARIATION (T1, 2 & 3)
- DOWNWARD FACING DOG (T1)
- EAGLE SEATED (T1, 2 & 3)
- EASY POSE WITH NAMASTE HANDS (T1, 2 & 3)
- EASY POSE WITH HANDS OVER HEAD (T1, 2 & 3)
- EASY POSE WITH HANDS ON BELLY (T1, 2 & 3)
- EASY POSE WITH FOLDED BLANKET (T1, 2 & 3)
- EASY POSE WITH NECK CIRCLING (T1, 2 & 3)
- FLAPPING FISH (T1, 2)
- GODDESS POSE (T1, 2)
- HALF DOG (T1, 2, 3)
- HAND RAISING (T2)
- INTUITION (T1, 2 & 3)
- LEGS UP WALL (T1)
- MOUNTAIN (T1, 2, 3)
- MOUNTAIN USING A WALL (T1, 2, 3)
- MOUNTAIN VARIATION (T1, 2, 3)
- PALM TREE (T1, 2)
- PIGEON (T1)
- PIGEON WITH BLOCK & BLANKET (T1, 2, 3)
- PIGEON USING A CHAIR (T1, 2, 3)
- PLANK ON KNEES (T1, 2)
- RECLINING HEROINE WITH BLANKETS/BOLSTER (T1, 2, 3)
- RELAXATION: BRADLEY METHOD (T1, 2 & 3)
- RELAXATION: SAVASANA WITH PILLOWS & BLOCK (T1, 2, 3)
- RELAXATION: SIDE LYING CORPSE (T1, 2 & 3)
- RELAXATION: SIDE LYING CORPSE WITH PILLOWS (T1, 2 & 3)
- RELAXATION: SIDE LYING CORPSE WITH BLANKETS (T1, 2 & 3)
- RELAXATION: SLEEPING ABDOMINAL STRETCH (T1, 2 & 3)
- RELAXATION: SLEEPING POSITION EXPERIMENTS (T1, 2 & 3)
- RUNNER STRETCH (T1, 2, 3)
- SEATED ROUTINE #1 (T1, 2, 3)
- SEATED ROUTINE #2 (T1, 2, 3)
- SEATED ROUTINE #3 (T1, 2, 3)
- SEATED TWISTS (T1)
- SEATED TWISTS USING WALL (T1)
- SEATED WIDE LEG FORWARD BEND WITH BIRTHING BALL (T1)
- SHOULDER ROTATIONS WITH DOUBLE ARMS (T1, 2, 3)
- SHOULDER ROTATIONS WITH SINGLE ARMS (T1, 2, 3)
- SIDE ANGLE MODIFIED (T1, 2)
- SPINAL BENDING (T1, 2)
- SQUAT AND RISE (T1, 2)
- SQUAT AND RISE HALF (T1, 2, 3)
- SQUAT ON YOUR BED (T1, 2, 3)
- SQUAT WITH PARTNER & BIRTHING BALL (T1, 2, 3)
- SQUAT WITH TWIST (T1)
- SQUAT WITH 2 BLOCKS (T1, 2)
- STAFF VARIATION (T1)
- STALK (T1)
- TABLE TOP (T1, 2, 3)
- THUNDERBOLT (T1, 2)
- THUNDERBOLT WITH ONE HAND ON TUMMY (T1, 2, 3)
- THUNDERBOLT WITH TWO HANDS ON TUMMY (T1, 2, 3)
- THUNDERBOLT SEQUENCE (T1, 2, 3)
- THUNDERBOLT to STANDING 1 (T1, 2, 3)
- THUNDERBOLT to STANDING 2 (T1, 2, 3)
- TREE MODIFICATION (T1, 2, 3)
- TREE WITH CHAIR (T1, 2, 3)
- TRIANGLE WITH CHAIR (T1, 2, 3)
- TRIANGLE MODIFIED (T1, 2, 3)
- WAIST ROTATING (T1, 2)
- WALL STRETCH (T1, 2, 3)
- WARRIOR II TO EXTENDED SIDE ANGLE (T1)
- WARRIOR II WITH CHAIR (T1, 2, 3)
- WIDE LEG HALF FORWARD BEND (T1, 2, 3)
- WIDE LEG HALF FORWARD BEND & TWIST USING A CHAIR
- WIDE LEG HALF FORWARD BEND & TWIST USING A WALL
- WIDE LEG HALF FORWARD BEND WITH WALL & CHAIR (T1, 2, 3)
- WIND REMOVING POSE (T1, 2, 3)
You’ll also receive three pregnancy yoga lesson plan templates. One for each trimester including…
- Yoga lesson plan template for Trimester 1
- Yoga lesson plan template for Trimester 2
- Yoga lesson plan template for Trimester 3
The Mediation Planner is an ADD-ON MODULE to the 15 Minute Yoga Lesson Planner. That means you can add meditation exercises to your yoga lesson plans with a click of a button.
The Meditation Exercises Includes…
- ASK THE SEER
- CELTIC SEER
- CRYING CHILD
- EMPTY CUP
- FOLLOW YOUR OWN PATH
- GOLDEN BIRDS MEDIATION
- KARMIC LAWS MEDIATION
- LAO TZU MEDIATION
- LITTLE ACTIONS MEDITATION
- MANDALA MEDIATION
- MANDALA TALK
- RELEASING THE CAGED BIRD MEDITATION
- THIS IS TO HAVE SUCCEEDED MEDITATION
6 Week Yoga Course Pack: Sun Salutations Theme
If you like the idea of getting really organised by creating a 6 week yoga course, you’ll going to absolutely love this bonus.
The “6 Week Yoga Course Pack” was created to make your life as a yoga teacher a little bit easier, after all you probably have a full or part-time job doing something else and teach because you have a passion for sharing the practice of yoga.
Or you may be a full time yoga teacher. And would like it to help organise your yoga classes into 6 week sessions.
The 6 Week Yoga Course Pack Includes
- 23 Quick Sun Salutations Teaching Tips
- Pre-filled Aims and Objectives for teaching Sun Salutations
- Pre-filled 6 Week Course Plan for teaching Sun Salutations
- Pre-filled Sun Salutations Lesson Plan
- Sun Salutations Info Graphic Class Handout
- Sun Salutations Class Handout
- Sun Salutations A Class Handout
- Sun Salutations B Class Handout
- Sun Salutations C Class Handout
- Moon Salutations Class Handout
- Sun Salutations with mantras Class Handout
- Downward Facing Dog Infographic Class Handout
- Downward Facing Dog Tips & Benefits Class Handout
- Plough Sequence Class Handout
6 Week Yoga Course Template
You’ll be able to use this 6 Week Yoga Course Pack as a template for creating other 6 week yoga courses.
When I first started teaching yoga creating a 6 week course, 6 yoga classes over a 6 week period, used to take me several hours. Now, with the 6 Week Yoga Course Pack it only takes a few minutes.
Vinyasa Planner I
You can use the “Stick Figure Vinyasa Planner” to create yoga sequences for your students, or as a useful teaching aid for your classes. Includes 100′s of yoga postures and 100’s of yoga for backs exercises.
Vinyasa Planner II
You can use the “Vinyasa Planner II” to create yoga sequences for your students. Or as a useful teaching aid for your classes. I created this one for yoga teachers who don’t find stick figures as cute and wondrous as I do (yes, I know…I really do need to get a life). You’ll receive Includes 101 yoga postures.
“Are you a fully qualified yoga teacher?”
Yes. I’m a fully qualified BWY yoga teacher. The BWY is the Sport England recognised national governing body for yoga.
“Are there yoga class plans for beginner and advanced students?”
The yoga class plan templates are ideal for both beginner and advanced students. All my classes have beginner and advanced students. That means I had to find a system that allowed me to use one lesson plan to cater for beginners and advanced students.
So, I recommend this tactic for creating flexible yoga lesson plans that cater to beginners and advanced students. When you’re in class, all you need to do is look at the MAP section (Modifications, Alternatives & Precautions) of the lesson plan and give an alternative pose to the advanced student and a modification for the beginner student.
This will allow you to effortlessly turn the same lesson plan into a beginners and advanced class.
“Does each asana come with recommended preparation, follow up and counter poses?”
Yes. This is one of my latest updates and took several weeks to implement. Within the 15 Minute Yoga Lesson Planner I’ve included recommendations for preparation, follow up and counter poses. These recommendations are clickable so you can go straight to them. This time saving feature will make your lesson planning ridiculously easy. Below is an image showing the clickable links for preparation, follow up and counter poses…
“Is the Yoga Lesson Planner compatible with Macs?”
“Can I call you to ask a few questions about the Yoga Lesson Planner?”
Yes. I love chatting to my fellow yoga teachers. So, please call me (George Watts) on 02921 257770 or email me at email@example.com.
“Do you have video tutorials showing how to use the Yoga Lesson Planner?
“Are you able to change the wording on the Yoga lesson plan templates with your own phrases and explanations?”
“Are you able to save the Yoga Lesson Planner on your own drive?”