“The goal of Integral Yoga, and the birthright of every individual, is to realize the spiritual unity behind all the diversity in the entire creation and to live harmoniously as members of one universal family.” ~Sri Swami Satchidananda
Swami Satchidananda was one of the first Yoga masters to bring the classical Yoga tradition to the West after he was invited to America in 1966 by Pop artist icon Peter Max. His contributions to the world through Yoga are pioneering, innovative, and enduring. Integral Yoga is a founding member of Yoga Alliance®.
Swami Satchidananda’s contributions to Yoga in the West are vast.
A few milestones:
- Created one of the first Yoga Teacher Training & Certification Programs
- Initiated one of the first Yoga programs in prisons and drug rehab centers
- Founded the first Yoga magazine
- Established one of the first residential Yoga ashrams
- Created translation and commentary on The Yoga Sutras of Patanjali, which became the top-selling edition of this Yoga classic