In this post, you’ll learn over 501 ways to make money as a yoga teacher.
“Covid 19 has hit Yoga teachers hard. If you need ideas for adding new services, here’s my list of 501 yoga services. Hope you find it helpful.” – George Watts
My Strange Yoga Services Detecting Hobby
I have a confession.
A strange hobby of mind is detecting and collecting “yoga services” that my fellow yoga teachers provide.
I know. I’m weird. But I can’t help myself.
Every time I stumble across a yoga teacher’s website and discover a new “yoga service”, I feel the same joy a metal detectorist must feel when finding a glistening gold coin.
To my mind, there’s no point in reinventing the “yoga services” wheel when thousands of amazing yoga teachers around the world have already tested and proven their yoga services in the real world. They’ve essentially handed the “gold coins” to us on a silver platter.
The services you provide for your yoga teacher business are absolutely crucial for your financial sustainability. Get your services wrong, and you probably won’t be teaching for more than three years after you gain your teaching certificate (most yoga teachers quit teaching after three years!).
You can kinda view this blog post as a yoga teacher business plan for coming up with profitable yoga services. Get inspired by the services of your fellow yoga teachers.
If you ask a business consultant this question:
“What is the most important thing for my business?”
All the good ones will immediately say:
Nothing is more important for your yoga business than consistent cashflow. No cashflow means death for your business.
The good news is that Yoga teachers can have a near limitless amount of services.
As soon as you get a strong gut feeling for a new yoga service, act on that feeling by immediately adding it to your services.
Online Zoom Yoga classes come in all flavours. You don’t have to only teach traditional yoga classes (e.g. Hatha for beginners).
TIP: If you’d like to access 100,000+ pre-filled yoga lesson plans or create your own ones quickly and easily, you might like my Yoga Genie Lesson Planner.
You can use these class names as inspiration for your own Zoom Yoga classes, or recorded YouTube classes, or traditional/offline yoga classes.
Zoom Yoga Classes You Could Teach
- 30-minute power yoga class
- 45 minute everyday vinyasa flow class
- 45-minute full-body yoga
- 45-minute Hatha yoga class
- 60-minute vinyasa yoga class
- Aerobic yoga to energize
- Ashtanga yoga class in [name of your location]
- Ashtanga yoga class with [your name]
- Awaken your soul yoga class
- Beginners yoga class
- Body mind and soul yoga class
- Chair yoga class
- Chair yoga for seniors class
- Flourish [name of your county] yoga class
- Flow yoga class
- Gentle flow yoga class
- Gentle morning flow class
- Gentle yoga class
- Get strong yoga class
- Go with the flow yoga class
- Hatha yoga class
- Iyengar [Your Location] online yoga class
- Morning yoga class
- Name Of Your County Iyengar yoga class
- Nothing but core yoga class
- Online daily vinyasa class
- Positive pregnancy yoga class
- Postnatal yoga class for you and your baby
- Power yoga class
- Pregnancy yoga and birth preparation class
- Seniors yoga class
- Slow flow yoga class
- Sunrise yoga class
- Sunrise to sunset yoga class
- Traditional Hatha yoga class
- Zoom yoga class
- Yin yoga class
- Yin yoga with [your name] class
- Yoga for all class
- Vinyasa flow yoga class
- Vinyasa flow nurture class
- Yin yang yoga class
- Yoga body workout class
- Yoga for beginners class
- Yoga for complete beginners class
- Yoga for life class
- Yoga for mental health class
- Yoga for mindfulness class
- Yoga Mid Wales class
- Yoga movement for health and meditation class
- Yoga South Wales class
- Yoga spirit class
- Yoga stillness for peace class
- Yoga West Wales class
- Your name yoga class
- Your name yoga online class
For 101 more yoga class ideas, you might like this post I wrote in 2016 called 101 Tantalising Title Templates To Help Unleash Your Yoga Lesson Plan Theme.
During Covid-19 lockdown, hosting Yoga retreats isn’t an option, but people will be falling over themselves to book into Yoga retreats once lockdown ends, and we return to a bit of normalcy. That’s why I’ve added this list of 100+ yoga retreat ideas for you. You can add a retreat to your BookOm services with a date far into the future (e.g. one year). You can start booking people into your retreat a year in advance and only ask for a small deposit (e.g. £50).
My hope is that this list gives you inspiration and courage knowing that these niche yoga retreats have proven to be successful. Each retreat in this list is hosted by a yoga teacher!
I think you’ll be amazed at how many niches there are for you to tap into.
The best part is that most of the time you can simply piggyback onto another business.
Here’s a quick “piggyback” example…
If you like football, you may choose the “Bend it like Beckham Yoga Retreat” (for football players). All you’d need to do is contact local football clubs to let them know about your Bend it like Beckham Yoga Retreat. Within no time you’ll come across a football club that thinks your retreat sounds perfect for their players. The football club will then supply the venue for free (their football club) and the paying students (their football players).
Allow your imagination to soar when picking yoga retreats to host.
If you’re an action taker, follow the steps below…
Look through the 100+ themes.
Pick one or more, or come up with my own idea for a yoga retreat.
Write the name of the yoga retreats you choose in large BOLD LETTERS in your Notepad.
Add the yoga retreats as services within your online booking system, so that you can take early-bird bookings.
Yoga Retreat Themes
- 10 days revitalizing yoga retreats
- 10-day yoga retreats
- Alpine yoga adventure retreats
- An introduction to yoga retreats
- Ancient healing ways yoga retreats
- Asana, Mudhra, Bandha, and meditation retreats
- Ashtanga yoga retreats
- Be well yoga retreats
- Beach and yoga retreats
- Beachside yoga retreats
- Become a Reiki healer on a Yoga, Reiki, Meditation, and Holistic Spa therapy retreat
- Beginners yoga retreats
- Bend it like Beckham (yoga retreats for football players)
- Bikram yoga retreats
- Blue beach yoga retreats
- Buddhist meditation yoga retreats
- Build an eco-house yoga retreats
- Cleanse, Energize and Rejuvenate yoga retreats
- Connect and replenish wilderness yoga and kayaking retreats
- Cooking and yoga retreats
- Corporate yoga retreats
- Depression & Burnout summer yoga retreats
- Detox and weight-loss yoga retreats
- Detox your body yoga retreats
- Developing a personal yoga practice retreats
- Discover the silence within retreats
- Easter yoga retreats
- Eco skills and yoga retreats
- Eight steps to happiness yoga retreats
- End of summer yoga beach retreats
- Energy yoga retreats
- Energy for life yoga retreats
- Find clarity yoga retreats
- Gardening and yoga retreats
- Golfing yoga retreats
- Golf hypnosis yoga retreats
- Hatha yoga retreats
- Healthy living yoga retreats
- Holistic bodywork yoga retreats
- Horse riding and yoga retreats
- Indian summer beach yoga retreats
- Inner light yoga retreats
- Inner quest yoga retreats
- Juice Fasting, Yoga, and Detoxification retreats
- Kundalini yoga retreats
- Learn to meditate yoga retreats
- Life-coaching yoga retreats
- Luxury yoga and meditation retreats
- Luxury yoga and spa retreats
- Moving into stillness yoga retreats
- Nourish and nurture your body and soul retreats
- Personal alchemy yoga retreats
- Power yoga retreats
- Power yoga total body retreats
- Quest for balance yoga retreats
- Radiance yoga retreats
- Reawakening Souls retreats
- Red sea paradise yoga retreats
- Reflective spiritual focus yoga retreats
- Restorative yoga retreats
- Rock climbing and yoga retreats
- Scuba diving and yoga retreats
- Snow yoga retreats
- Swim with dolphins and yoga retreats
- Subliminal power and yoga retreats
- Summer solstice yoga retreats
- Sustainability yoga retreats
- Sun-kissed yoga adventure retreats
- Surf yoga retreats
- The £99 yoga retreat
- The path of liberation yoga retreats
- The peaceful warrior yoga retreats
- The rainbow within yoga retreats
- Veggi yoga retreats
- Way of the chakras yoga retreats
- Wellbeing Yoga retreats
- Wellness and yoga retreats
- Windsurfing yoga retreats
- Yoga and meditation retreats
- Yoga and mediation in the rain forest
- Yoga and photography retreats
- Yoga and climbing retreats in the French Alps
- Yoga and sea kayaking retreats
- Yoga and Spanish course retreats
- Yoga by the beach retreats
- Yoga cleanse and pamper retreats
- Yoga cruise retreats
- Yoga for beginners
- Yoga for golfers
- Yoga for life retreats
- Yoga for real-life retreats
- Yoga for stress release retreats
- Yoga for you retreats
- Yoga Nidra retreats
- Yoga on the farm retreats
- Yoga on the water retreats
- Yoga walking and holistic retreats
- Yoga retreats in Africa
- Yoga retreats in the Austrian mountains
- Yoga retreats in the Caribbean
- Yoga retreats in Costa Rica
- Yoga retreats in Crete
- Yoga retreats in Devon
- Yoga retreats in Egypt
- Yoga retreats in France
- Yoga retreats in the French Pyrenees
- Yoga retreats in Goa
- Yoga retreats in the Himalayas
- Yoga retreats in India
- Yoga retreats in Morocco
- Yoga retreats in Norway
- Yoga retreats in Sri Lanka
- Yoga retreats in Spain
- Yoga retreats in Sweden
- Yoga retreats in Thailand
- Yoga retreats in Turkey
- Yoga retreats in Tuscany
- Yoga retreats in Wales
- Yoga retreat with YOUR NAME HERE
- Yoga Safari retreats
- Urban yoga retreats
- Zest for life yoga retreats
If you like my list of Yoga retreats, you might also like my Yoga Retreat Kit – it has all the tips, tools, and templates you need to host a profitable yoga retreat.
One of the best Yoga teacher services is setting up a Zoom Yoga class. It’s quick. It’s easy. It’s fun. And it will open up a world filled with potential new students. If you teach in the UK someone in California might join your online class. How cool is that!
Don’t worry. I’ve got your back.
Zoom Yoga Class FAQs
Is it a good idea to do a test run before a live class?
Yes! Email a few of your long time students asking if they’d be up for a test run to see if everything works okay. You can send a test link through Zoom. Pretend that you are teaching a proper class, and familiarize yourself with Zoom while under the pretend pressure of hosting a class to all your students.
How can I test my connection and audio in Zoom?
The golden rule is to “always test your connection and audio” before going live each time, even if you’ve done it a 1000 times. Issues will rear their heads from time to time. It’s not rocket science. All you need to do is log into your zoom 10 minutes early and make sure it’s working.
To test your audio, go through these steps with Zoom open:
- Click the upward pointing arrow next to the microphone icon to open the audio options.
- Select Test Speaker & Microphone.
- Follow the prompts to test your speakers.
- Follow the prompts to test your microphone.
- When you’ve finished testing, click finish and close the window.
How early should I open the Zoom room?
I recommend opening your Zoom meeting 15 minutes before the start time. You’ll want to check for software updates, that your speaker is working, that your microphone is working, and your internet connection hasn’t dropped off.
If you live in a rural area, like me, and have slow connection speeds, you’ll need to let anyone in the house not to upload or download any videos to YouTube, or play any online video games.
Logging in early is just the same as getting to your normal classes early, it will give you time to get into the “teaching headspace”.
Should I chat with students before the class starts?
Yes. It’s just like chatting to your “early arrivals” in your normal class. Plus, it will also give you a chance to make sure the audio is working. Can you hear them? Can they hear you?
What online yoga packages can I offer?
Below are four examples of “online yoga packages” that you can set up if you have an online yoga class booking system.
Unlimited Online Yoga Monthly Pass: A one-time monthly fee to join as many “Live Online Yoga” classes as you fancy (billed monthly).
15-day Free Online Yoga Trial: This pass, exclusive to new customers, gives you the opportunity to sample Live Online Yoga in any of our classes with any of our teachers.
1 Online Yoga Class Pass: A pass to attend any single class of your choice.
4 Online Yoga Class Pass: A pass to attend any 4 classes of your choice.
1-2-1 Private Online Yoga Session: A pass for a one to one yoga session through Zoom
Should I record the Zoom yoga class?
Yes. The recording is important because you might want to share the video of the class in the future, upload it to YouTube, or sell it within your online shop.
Will I be able to see all the students who participate in the Zoom yoga class?
Yes. That means you’ll be able to give adjustments and variations of poses to students if you see they are struggling in a pose. You do, however, have the option of turning the gallery feature off, if you don’t want to see the students.
If you want to see all your students, you’ll need to use an iPad or Tablet. The smartphone screen is too small.
The video below explains how to see all your students.
If I record using my phone should the camera be front facing?
Yes. The camera should be facing you, not the screen. The video below explains why.
How much room do I need between my recording device and yoga mat?
Approximately 5 paces. The video below shows the yoga teacher pacing off five steps between her tablet and yoga mat.
Can I record using my laptop?
Yes. The video below shows that you can either use a smartphone, tablet, iPad, or laptop when recording.
Most people will use their smartphone for recording (because it’s better quality video than using a tablet or iPad) and have their tablet (or laptop) next to the yoga mat with Zoom’s “gallery view” so that they can see the students on their mats during the class.
Should I use my laptop or tablet for gallery view?
Gallery view allows you to see your students while you’re teaching the class. I recommend you use the device with the largest screen, so you can see your students more clearly. Laptops usually have larger screens than tablets or iPads.
The video below explains the importance of “gallery view” when teaching a yoga class…
If I'm recording using my laptop should I use a web cam?
Yes. If you use the camera installed on your laptop the video quality will be horrible.
If I have slow internet connection can I use Zoom's HD video quality?
No. It’s probably best to untick the “Enable HD” from your Zoom video settings.
Is it worth getting a Rode Wireless Go to improve audio quality if I record using my laptop?
Yes. If you’re going to be doing lots of online Zoom yoga classes, investing in a good quality microphone. The Rode Wireless Go is the most popular choice for yoga teachers who teach using Zoom.
The video below gives a demo of how the Rode Wireless Go works…
And this video shows a yoga teacher using it…
Below is the equipment mentioned in the video…
Rode Wireless Go: https://amzn.to/3j5lGKt
Rode SC7 cord: https://amzn.to/3DNj3Ff
AUX input to USB cable: https://amzn.to/3DIe5tm
AUX input to USB-C cable (for 2018 or newer Macs): https://amzn.to/3j18aaG
Should I have "mirroring" enabled on Zoom?
Should I mute all the students in the class?
Should I record to the cloud?
Celebrate Your New Yoga Service!
Let out a little whoop of joy, because if you’ve spent time choosing new services for your yoga teacher business. It means you are an action-taker and fully understand the importance of adding new services to your portfolio of services.