Yoga Teacher Marketing Tip
Discover How To Set Up A Free Yoga e-Newsletter On Your WordPress Site
Here’s a quick yoga marketing tip from the Yoga Teacher Business Kit.
Outcome: Set up a great looking yoga e-Newsletter without forking out a single penny.
- Stay in touch with your students.
- Provide useful yoga tips which help keep students coming to your classes for longer.
- Offer a weekly or monthly yoga tip.
- Promote your 1 to 1 yoga.
- Promote your yoga retreats.
- Look professional.
- Keep in contact with student’s automatically, but looks like you’re sending personalized emails.
- Provide useful tips, tools and templates to make your Client’s lives easier.
- Gives subscribers a reminder to let their friends know how wonderful your yoga classes are.
1. Get a yoga website.
2. Go to www.mailchimp.com
3. Click ‘Sign Up For Free’ and sign up.
4. Watch their easy-to-follow video tutorials.
5. Create your e-Newsletter.
6. Add Sign Up Form To Your Website. MailChimp’s plugin makes quick work of adding a signup form to your website. There are a few ways to do this. The most popular option is to add the form as a widget in a sidebar. The plugin also offers shortcodes, which can be embedded in the body of a post.
Video tutorial: Add Sign Up Form To Your Website
Extra Step For Yoga Studios
Use the AutoChimp Plugin
If you own a yoga studio, you may want to set up several e-Newsletters by using the “AutoChimp plugin“. With AutoChimp, you can have your posts immediately sent to all of your subscribers, or a specific group of subscribers, as soon as you publish them.
For example if your studio teaches five different types of yoga classes such as: Kundalini, Vinyasa flow, Ashtanga, Restorative and Prenatal Yoga, then you can have five categories on your Blog called “Kundalini”, “Vinyasa flow”, “Ashtanga”, “Restorative” and “Prenatal Yoga”, create a separate e-Newsletter for each group and use AutoChimp to select the category posts each e-Newsletter will receive (e.g. the “Kundalini” e-Newsletter will be sent posts in your “Kundalini” blog category. This is all done on autopilot.
AutoChimp Getting Started Steps
1) Install AutoChimp plugin (search for autochimp within WordPress Plugins).
2) Save your MailChimp API Key on the options page.
3) Start adding your new registrations to any selected MailChimp mailing list.
4) Decide whether to configure the plugin to update your mailing list when: a) a new user subscribes, b) a user unsubscribes, or c) a user updates his information.
5) Decide to create campaigns automatically from post categories of your choosing.
6) Decide whether to send the campaign immediately or just save it for a rainy day.
Video tutorial on how to use AutoChimp Plugin
If you’d like a fellow yoga teacher teacher help design your yoga website click here.
Latest posts by George Watts (see all)
- 43 Meditations In One Yoga Class Handout: Free PDF Download - October 10, 2017
- Free Downloadable Caterpillar To Butterfly Themed Yoga Class Plan (PDF) - October 8, 2017
- Free Downloadable Sun Moon Themed Yoga Class Plan (PDF) - September 26, 2017
- Free Downloadable Sun Salutations Chair Yoga Lesson Plan (PDF) - September 12, 2017
- Free Downloadable Yoga for Cyclists Lesson Plan (1 of 3) - August 18, 2017