8 Steps To Teach Cobra Pose
Bhujanga = “snake” or “serpent”
Asana = “posture” or “seat”
Quick Teaching Directions
From a prone position with palms and legs on floor, chest is lifted.
Lie face down with feet together & toes pointing behind you.
Place hands flat on floor close to body (beside rib cage).
Inhale. Gently push off lifting head and chest off ground (tilting head back).
Feel chest moving forward and upward.
Builds up self-confidence and alertness
Increases suppleness of spine
Enhance elasticity of lungs
Palms, wrists & toes are strengthened
Do not rest the knees on the ground
Follow Up Pose
Upward Facing Dog (cobra is a beginning backbend that helps to prepare the body for deeper backbends)
Any seated forward bends
Latest posts by George Watts (see all)
- 43 Meditations In One Yoga Class Handout: Free PDF Download - October 10, 2017
- Free Downloadable Caterpillar To Butterfly Themed Yoga Class Plan (PDF) - October 8, 2017
- Free Downloadable Sun Moon Themed Yoga Class Plan (PDF) - September 26, 2017
- Free Downloadable Sun Salutations Chair Yoga Lesson Plan (PDF) - September 12, 2017
- Free Downloadable Yoga for Cyclists Lesson Plan (1 of 3) - August 18, 2017