Yoga Lesson Planning Formula
Yoga Class Structure
If you like the idea of structuring your yoga lesson plans, you may like the 12 part yoga class formula.
Come up with a class formula, structure, for your yoga classes.
You may find structuring your class useful for several reasons including…
- A structure allows you to save time when planning your classes
- A structure reduces the stress of planning
- A structure allows creativity to flourish (not wasting time structuring)
Picking a structure for a yoga class often makes new yoga teachers want to pull every last strand of hair out. It’s as if the newbie teacher is looking for the holy grail of yoga lesson planning. Unfortunately that grail doesn’t exist. There is no right or wrong way to structure a class.
It’s time to relax.
It’s time to accept.
It’s time to banish the destructive thought of their being a ‘perfect plan’. There is no such thing as a perfect plan! There is, however, a formula…a traditional sequence. You can either follow the traditional sequence verbatim, or use as a template and tweak it to suit your personality.
Yoga Class Structure
Remember, there’s no right way of structuring a yoga class.
This is just a guide for you to edit and come up with your own. For example, you may only have 5-parts to your “yoga class planning formula”. You don’t have to stick to the formula, it can evolve over time.
- Registration – Students sign in
- Notices – Tell students about upcoming yoga days, weekends, events, etc
- Handouts – Give students handouts
- Centring – Awareness of breath
- Warm up
- Seated Postures
- Standing Postures
- Partner Work and Inversions
- Reading – From the Gita, Sutras, etc
Yoga Teacher Lesson Plan Kit
Enhance your teaching with 100’s of yoga lesson planning tips, tools and templates.
Latest posts by George Watts (see all)
- Free Core Yoga Lesson Plan Theme: 12 Weeks To Sculpt A 6 Pack (No Crunches!) - June 20, 2017
- Free Downloadable Core Yoga Themed Lesson Plan - June 17, 2017
- Yoga Therapy: Free Downloadable Yoga For Asthma Lesson Plan - April 24, 2017
- The Yoga Sequence Flow Formula Revealed - March 24, 2017
- Webinar Wednesdays | Unleash Your Yoga Lesson Planning Skills - March 23, 2017