yoga lesson planning clinic
Free Downloadable Yoga Class Handout: Chakra Dowsing
This is 1 of 250+ yoga class handouts included in the Yoga Teacher Lesson Plan Kit.
Free Yoga Class Handout Download
Chakra Dowsing Handout | MS Word Version
Chakra Dowsing Handout | MAC Version
Chakra Dowsing Handout | ODT Version
Chakra Dowsing Handout | PDF Version
Here is a taste of the content within the handout…
Dowsing The Chakras
This week’s philosophy – Learn to dowse your chakras
Chakra is a Sanskrit word and translates as ‘wheel’ or ‘vortex’ and refers to the energy hotspots in the body. There are said to be 7 main ones located along the spine and numerous minor ones – found all over the body but especially in the palms of the hands. Both negative and positive thoughts influence the flow of energy. It is often quoted that ‘energy follows thought’. Low energy in a chakra area may indicate blocked or suppressed energy in that chakra. Use meditation or asana to unblock the energy.
1) Make a pendulum (anything that can swing freely) e.g. any heavy weight on a string.
2) Practice swinging the pendulum. Hold in your right hand and suspend it from a short string.
3) Place over the left palm, be still and quiet and let go of any disrupting thoughts. Be open to what is happening.
4) Ask your ‘higher self’ to indicate which direction is positive and which is negative for you. If it is slow be patient.
5) Make a note of these directional movements.
6) Place the pendulum over a chakra – a friend’s or one of your own. Hold the pendulum about 3 inches from the chakra. The pendulum will start to move – this will reflect both your own energy and that of your friend.
Yoga Class Handouts
If you liked this handout, you may like my other free handouts…
Yoga Teacher Lesson Plan Kit
Click here for 1000+ shared yoga lesson plans
Latest posts by George Watts (see all)
- Yoga Therapy: Free Downloadable Yoga For Asthma Lesson Plan - April 24, 2017
- The Yoga Sequence Flow Formula Revealed - March 24, 2017
- Webinar Wednesdays | Unleash Your Yoga Lesson Planning Skills - March 23, 2017
- Free Downloadable Restorative Yoga Lesson Plan (PDF) - February 26, 2017
- How To Teach Cat Cow Pose To Kids: Includes Video & Downloadable Handout - February 20, 2017