Yoga Sequence Builder Tips
There is only one golden rule when it comes to building a sequence.
Your job as a yoga teacher is make sure each and every pose flows gracefully into the next (unless you’re teaching Yin Yoga).
Disruptive Flow Example
Standing backbend to sitting in Lotus to Standing Forward bend
Going from standing to sitting to standing is chaotic and a waste of energy. The transition from one pose to the next should be done with the absolute minimal amount of effort.
Graceful Flow Example
Standing backbend to Standing Forward bend to Downward Facing Dog
Standing Posture Flow
Below are the classic yoga standing poses. Take a few minutes to consider the best flow for several of these postures.
- Deep Fold Forward Bend
- Forward Releasing Forward Fold
- Half Lotus Toe Balance
- Half Moon
- One Legged Garland Pose
- Revolved Half Moon Pose
- Revolved Side Angle Stretch
- Revolved Triangle
- Single Leg Forward Bend
- Single Leg Swan Balance
- Standing Half Bow Balance
- Standing Side Stretch
- Upright Big Toe Sequence
- Warrior 1, 2 and 3
- Wide leg Forward Bend
If you like the idea of creating yoga sequences quickly, take a peek at Yoga Sequence Builder within The Yoga Teacher Lesson Plan Kit.
Latest posts by George Watts (see all)
- New Sun Salutations Category Added To The Yoga Genie Lesson Planner - August 10, 2017
- FREE Downloadable Kids Sun Salutations C Yoga Lesson Plan - August 10, 2017
- Yoga Therapy: Free Downloadable Yoga For Varicose Veins Lesson Plan - August 8, 2017
- Free Core Yoga Class Plan Theme: 12 Weeks To Sculpt A 6 Pack (3 of 3) - June 24, 2017
- Free Core Yoga Lesson Plan Theme: 12 Weeks To Sculpt A 6 Pack (2 of 3) - June 20, 2017