Yoga Lesson Planning Clinic
How To Teach Plank Pose (Kumbhakasana)
Teach The Sanskrit
Teach The Benefits
- Strengthens arms
- Strengthens wrists
- Strengthens spine
- Strengthens quads
- Strengthens abdominals
Teach The Precaution
Teach The Directions
Start in Downward Facing Dog.
Draw torso forward until arms perpendicular to floor, shoulders over wrists, torso parallel to floor.
Press outer arms inward, firm bases of index fingers into floor.
Firm shoulder blades against back, spread them away from spine.
Look at floor.
Keep throat soft.
Teach The Modifications
Teach The Alternatives
Dolphin Pose (no wrist pressure).
Latest posts by George Watts (see all)
- Free Core Yoga Class Plan Theme: 12 Weeks To Sculpt A 6 Pack (3 of 3) - June 24, 2017
- Free Core Yoga Lesson Plan Theme: 12 Weeks To Sculpt A 6 Pack (2 of 3) - June 20, 2017
- Free Core Yoga Lesson Plan Theme: 12 Weeks To Sculpt A 6 Pack (1 of 3) - June 17, 2017
- Yoga Therapy: Free Downloadable Yoga For Asthma Lesson Plan - April 24, 2017
- The Yoga Sequence Flow Formula Revealed - March 24, 2017