Yoga Lesson Planning Clinic
How To Teach Plank Pose (Kumbhakasana)
Teach The Sanskrit
Teach The Benefits
- Strengthens arms
- Strengthens wrists
- Strengthens spine
- Strengthens quads
- Strengthens abdominals
Teach The Precaution
Teach The Directions
Start in Downward Facing Dog.
Draw torso forward until arms perpendicular to floor, shoulders over wrists, torso parallel to floor.
Press outer arms inward, firm bases of index fingers into floor.
Firm shoulder blades against back, spread them away from spine.
Look at floor.
Keep throat soft.
Teach The Modifications
Teach The Alternatives
Dolphin Pose (no wrist pressure).
Latest posts by George Watts (see all)
- Free Downloadable Yoga for Cyclists Lesson Plan (1 of 3) - August 18, 2017
- New Sun Salutations Category Added To The Yoga Genie Lesson Planner - August 10, 2017
- FREE Downloadable Kids Sun Salutations C Yoga Lesson Plan - August 10, 2017
- Yoga Therapy: Free Downloadable Yoga For Varicose Veins Lesson Plan - August 8, 2017
- Free Core Yoga Class Plan: 12 Weeks To Sculpt A 6 Pack (3 of 3) - June 24, 2017