How To Teach Half Moon Pose
Stand in Mountain.
Big step back with right foot.
Turn foot to side of mat.
Take arms out in a T with palms pointing down.
Place right hand on waist.
Shift weight into left leg as you lift right foot off floor.
Left hand on floor (or block).
Hand is 12 inches in front of left foot.
Look down and gaze at a point.
Raise leg parallel to floor.
Straighten standing leg.
Extend right arm up.
When exiting pose draw belly in.
Repeat on other side.
Follow Up Poses
- Strengthens abdomen, ankles, thighs, buttocks, spine.
- Stretches groin, hamstrings, calves, shoulders, chest, spine.
- Stand with back to wall.
- Yoga block under hand.
- Neck pain.
- Low Blood Pressure.
Latest posts by George Watts (see all)
- New Sun Salutations Category Added To The Yoga Genie Lesson Planner - August 10, 2017
- FREE Downloadable Kids Sun Salutations C Yoga Lesson Plan - August 10, 2017
- Yoga Therapy: Free Downloadable Yoga For Varicose Veins Lesson Plan - August 8, 2017
- Free Core Yoga Class Plan Theme: 12 Weeks To Sculpt A 6 Pack (3 of 3) - June 24, 2017
- Free Core Yoga Lesson Plan Theme: 12 Weeks To Sculpt A 6 Pack (2 of 3) - June 20, 2017