How To Teach Half Moon Pose
Stand in Mountain.
Big step back with right foot.
Turn foot to side of mat.
Take arms out in a T with palms pointing down.
Place right hand on waist.
Shift weight into left leg as you lift right foot off floor.
Left hand on floor (or block).
Hand is 12 inches in front of left foot.
Look down and gaze at a point.
Raise leg parallel to floor.
Straighten standing leg.
Extend right arm up.
When exiting pose draw belly in.
Repeat on other side.
Follow Up Poses
- Strengthens abdomen, ankles, thighs, buttocks, spine.
- Stretches groin, hamstrings, calves, shoulders, chest, spine.
- Stand with back to wall.
- Yoga block under hand.
- Neck pain.
- Low Blood Pressure.
Latest posts by George Watts (see all)
- Yoga Therapy: Free Downloadable Yoga For Asthma Lesson Plan - April 24, 2017
- The Yoga Sequence Flow Formula Revealed - March 24, 2017
- Webinar Wednesdays | Unleash Your Yoga Lesson Planning Skills - March 23, 2017
- Free Downloadable Restorative Yoga Lesson Plan (PDF) - February 26, 2017
- How To Teach Cat Cow Pose To Kids: Includes Video & Downloadable Handout - February 20, 2017