- From Mountain bring left knee toward belly.
- Hold outside of left foot.
- Firm front thigh muscles of standing leg
- Press outer thigh inward.
- Extend left leg forward.
- Straighten knee.
- Swing leg out to side.
- Swing leg back to centre with an inhale.
- Lower foot to floor with an exhale.
- Repeat on other side.
- Strengthens the legs & ankles
- Stretches the backs of the legs
- Improves sense of balance
- Ankle or low back injuries
- If your hamstrings are tight, hold a strap looped around the left sole.
The following two tabs change content below.
Latest posts by George Watts (see all)
- Free Downloadable Yoga for Cyclists Lesson Plan (1 of 3) - August 18, 2017
- New Sun Salutations Category Added To The Yoga Genie Lesson Planner - August 10, 2017
- FREE Downloadable Kids Sun Salutations C Yoga Lesson Plan - August 10, 2017
- Yoga Therapy: Free Downloadable Yoga For Varicose Veins Lesson Plan - August 8, 2017
- Free Core Yoga Class Plan: 12 Weeks To Sculpt A 6 Pack (3 of 3) - June 24, 2017