How To Teach Heron Pose
- Sit with legs out ahead of you.
- Bend right knee in front of you so it touches the floor.
- both knees together.
- Maintain balance while you sit straight
- Weight rests on your sitting bones.
- Leg perpendicular to ground.
- Move chin towards knee.
- Keep back straight and extended.
Modification #1 | Half Lotus Heron
Modification #2 | Strap
Place a strap around the sole of your foot before straightening your leg.
- Stretches hamstrings
- Strengthens leg joints and muscles
- Stretches ankles
- Flexes leg joints and muscles
- Stimulates abdominal organs and heart
- Knee or ankle pain
The following two tabs change content below.
Latest posts by George Watts (see all)
- Free Downloadable Yoga for Cyclists Lesson Plan (1 of 3) - August 18, 2017
- New Sun Salutations Category Added To The Yoga Genie Lesson Planner - August 10, 2017
- FREE Downloadable Kids Sun Salutations C Yoga Lesson Plan - August 10, 2017
- Yoga Therapy: Free Downloadable Yoga For Varicose Veins Lesson Plan - August 8, 2017
- Free Core Yoga Class Plan: 12 Weeks To Sculpt A 6 Pack (3 of 3) - June 24, 2017