Yoga Off The Mat
To BE or not to BE?
Discover Who do you want to BE.
1) Chart the 8 areas of your life on the Life Wheel (Click here to download the Wheel Of Life Chart)
2) Write for five minutes everything you want to Be, Do or Have in your life. Don’t stop writing until the five minutes are up. Don’t judge anything – open up your mind to all the things you want to Be, Do and to Have. This is dream time.
3) Rate each of the things on a scale of 0-10, in terms of how much they will help you live the kind of life you really want. A zero scale rating indicates that achieving this goal would do absolutely nothing to help you get where you want to go. A ten scale rating indicates that this goal is 100% taking us in the direction you want to go in.
Many people find that when they rate things, clarity emerges. All the things you wanted to Have or Do rate very low on the scale whereas everything you wanted to Be (e.g. be happier, more at peace, less critical, a better parent, etc) scored more highly.
4) Pick the top 6 of your ‘Be, Do, Haves’ and write why they are important to you.
5) Compare your Be, Do, Haves’ with your wheel of life and give one tick for each segment which would improve from each ‘being, doing or having’.
If you look after the ‘BEs’, the Do’s and Have’s follow. Remember, we are HUMAN BEINGS…not human doings!
Latest posts by George Watts (see all)
- Yoga Therapy: Free Downloadable Yoga For Asthma Lesson Plan - April 24, 2017
- The Yoga Sequence Flow Formula Revealed - March 24, 2017
- Webinar Wednesdays | Unleash Your Yoga Lesson Planning Skills - March 23, 2017
- Free Downloadable Restorative Yoga Lesson Plan (PDF) - February 26, 2017
- How To Teach Cat Cow Pose To Kids: Includes Video & Downloadable Handout - February 20, 2017