How To Teach Eagle Pose
Start in Mountain Pose
Bend legs slightly.
Weight on left leg.
Lift right leg across left.
Fix gaze. Stand steady.
Lift arms to shoulder height.
Take right arm across left.
Bring backs of hands together.
Brings palms together.
Release to Mountain.
Use “eagle symbolism” to find a theme to weave into your class.
7 Eagle Pose Themes
Not allowing the illusion of limitation to ground us in our flight.
Not judging a book by its cover: in spite of its enormous size, the eagle still takes flight, seemingly effortlessly.
Work smarter, not harder. Conserve resources: Eagles are opportunistic. They’re skilled hunters, but they go about gaining their food in ways that are more efficient then hunting…eating what’s already been killed.
Communication: As rulers of the sky, the eagle is connected with the air element, which symbolises communication.
Streamlined: An eagle is streamlined, sleek and chiseled. Yoga helps the body to become streamlined, sleek and chiseled.
Focused Change: The eagle teaches us to use our abilities in a laser-like fashion to bring about focused change in our lives.
Give yourself permission to fly higher
- Strengthens ankles.
- Releases tightness in the shoulders.
- Balance pose gives a sense of poise.
- Great when feeling stressed.
Follow Up Poses
- Tree Pose
- Chair Pose
- Use wall (support back)
- Lean torso into a forward bend
- Knee injury
Latest posts by George Watts (see all)
- Yoga Therapy: Free Downloadable Yoga For Asthma Lesson Plan - April 24, 2017
- The Yoga Sequence Flow Formula Revealed - March 24, 2017
- Webinar Wednesdays | Unleash Your Yoga Lesson Planning Skills - March 23, 2017
- Free Downloadable Restorative Yoga Lesson Plan (PDF) - February 26, 2017
- How To Teach Cat Cow Pose To Kids: Includes Video & Downloadable Handout - February 20, 2017